19 August 2009

POD Casts update

Whups, I forgot to mention this in the previous post;

Some time ago I had mentioned a POD Cast (a bit of a joke on the normal podcast and using the Line6 POD guitar processor to make music. Ok, not a great joke).

That is still in the works, though I am not sure I can upload music tracks here. Ah, but wait! I do have all of my 2009 RPM Album up on Alonetone, and you can go there and listen or download said tracks for free along with some other pieces I have done in the last year or so.

Do be aware that by its nature, RPM sort of pushes the time deadline, so many of the tracks there will be replaced eventually with finished versions (several of these are actually just rough concepts and were needed to fill out the required number of tracks, no matter how "done" they were or were not).

Now you may ask yourself "What is RPM?" Well, the letters stand for Record Production Month, and it's part of the RPM Challenge put on by The Wire magazine; to write and record an album of original material in the month of February, get it burned to CD and in the mail before noon on March 1 of each year. I have done two RPM albums thus far, and once I find where I stored the tracks from 08 I will get those up as well.

This was a particularly interesting year for me RPM wise. I did my own normal album, along with a special side project and 12 spoken word albums (which some of you may have heard parts and bits of in person... its the after hours campfire stories put to tape). I also played on two other groups albums and did a quick vocal bit for a third. All in all, quite busy!

Now on to the links:

http://www.rpmchallenge.com for the RPM Challenge site
http://alonetone.com/ironangel for my music on Alonetone. Hey, while you are there, check out Sister Savage and some of the other great stuff!

Also, if you are thinking about recording your own tracks, I use and recommend Reaper. It is a computer based Digital Audio Workstation with the feel of an old analog console for us geezers, but all the functionality of a modern DAW (though MIDI can be a bit tricky).


http://www.reaper.fm/


It's a free trial for 30 days, and non crippled nagware after that. Brought to you by the guys who created winamp and many other fun programs!

Off for some studio time here I do think, have fun stormin' the castle.

No comments: