28 February 2011

A hard time of it

Just a quick post.

I'm having a hard time of it right now, lots are in the works at least. It was many years ago today my grandmother went to be with my grandfather beyond this world. It has now been nearly half my life without her guidance, and more without his and I dearly miss them both.

The house I grew up in through my teenage years burned last week, my bedroom there suffering the most damage (as in it's completely gone) and Ive been thinking of that past a lot. It was both a happy and severely unhappy time, but knowing my little place in the history of the Reek Mansion is now gone does make me sad. All the quartersawn oak trim I knew so well is no more. Granted, I have not lived there in half my life, but it does sadden to know it is no more.

It is not just my day either; one friend had his car stolen today, another had a near miss with a tornado in Tennessee. It seems the last day of February is being rough on many.

So good readers, take this away from here: Enjoy those around you and your environment, live life to its fullest. There will be some actual blacksmith posts in the near future.

No comments: